Hello! I’m Ms. Ortiz your child’s School Counselor. I am a founding staff member of Innovation HS so I’ve been here from the very beginning and I’m proud of how far we have grown! It’s been very exciting building a the schoolhouse and I must say, we’ve done a great job!
I’m currently entering my 20th year as a school counselor and this is my 7th year working for JCPS. I am looking forward to working with you and your child this year.
I have a series of presentations planned to better prepare your children not only for success in high school but also college & career.I am also fluent in Spanish. Para mis padres quienes habla en espanol, estoy aquí para servirlos también. Nos se preocupen vamos trabajar juntos para que sus hijos tengan éxito!
Innovation High School will be hosting a Financial Aid Presentation on Tuesday 10/27/20 at 6pm. This will be a ONE time presentation by a HESAA representative and they will give you a STEP BY STEP guide on how to fill out the FAFSA. They will be open to questions at the end of the presentation, please be advised this presentation will begin promptly at 6:00pm and end NO LATER than 8:00pm.
In order for you to get the private Zoom link so that you can attend this virtual FAFSA workshop, please fill out this form https://forms.gle/FbCQt13SEhaRbT3u5
Please note, prior to your FAFSA Workshop, all parents/students must do and have the following prior to the workshop:
- FSA ID and Password (for the student and at least one parent).
- Copy of all 2019 Federal Income Tax Returns and W-2 forms for student (if applicable) and parent(s).
- Social Security numbers for parent and student or if the student is not a U.S. Citizen, Alien Registration number or documentation as U.S. Permanent Residents or U.S. Citizens.
- Records of balances in checking and savings – for student and parent(s).
- Marital Status of parent(s) and date of marital status (for example, the date of marriage).
- Student Driver’s License # (if applicable).
You can create your User ID and Password by going to https://fsaid.ed.gov and create the two ID’s, one for the student and one for a parent.
The students will use their login to access the FAFSA at www.FAFSA.gov, the parent will use their ID to link to the IRS and to sign the FAFSA.